Green cards provide immense opportunities to those who obtain them. That is why you will need to understand all of the rules around a pending green card application, to ensure that you do not do anything that could result in you losing your chance of getting one. Reach out to our firm today and speak with one of our experienced New York immigration attorneys today.

What are the benefits of obtaining a green card?

Despite the daunting process of obtaining one, a green card provides immigrants with a number of positive opportunities. For instance, your employment possibilities may increase, you will be permitted to apply for a driver’s license, and you may apply for a Social Security Card. Furthermore, if you would like to travel out of the country for less than a year, a green card will provide you with admittance back into the United States.

To learn more about the benefits of obtaining a green card, reach out to our firm today. Our skilled immigration attorneys are here to help you no matter what.

Am I allowed to move while my case is pending with the USCIS?

Individuals who move while their case is still pending are required to update their addresses with USCIS within 10 days of the move. This is a requirement because important information will frequently get mailed to you during this time. Those who fail to update their addresses will likely miss out on critical information. You can update your address through your USCIS online account, or you can file through Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card, with the USCIS Change of Address webpage.

If you have questions regarding this process, reach out to our firm today and speak with one of our dedicated legal team members.

How can I check the status of my case?

To obtain status information regarding your application, you can visit the USCIS’s Case Status Online page and enter your Form I-485 receipt number to check on your pending case’s status, submit a case inquiry with USCIS, or call USCIS at 800-375-5283.

What if I need to leave the country while my case is pending?

For people who need to leave the United States while their case is pending, they must first file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. It is critical that you understand that in most cases if you leave the United States without an advance parole document while your Form I-485 is pending, you will not be granted a green card because you abandoned your application.

Contact our firm today with any questions or concerns that you may have about leaving the United States while your application is pending.

Contact Our New York City Immigration Lawyers

Our law firm can explain all the opportunities associated with fiancé visas and help you through the entire procedure, as well as discuss whether this is a good option. For an initial consultation with a skilled immigration lawyer, contact the Law Office of Cheryl R. David in New York.