Will I lose my Green Card, if I have a conviction for an aggravated felony?

  •  You will lose your Green Card if you have a conviction for an aggravated felony, unless you can apply for political asylum in some capacity.
  •  If you adjusted status in the US and you have an immediate relative that can apply for you again, you might be eligible for a 212(h) waiver.
  •  If your conviction was before April 30, 1996, and it is an aggravated felony, you probably will be eligible for a 212(c) waiver, and be able to keep and fight for your Green Card, or remain in the United States.