What is 212(H) waiver?

  •  A 212(h) waiver is used for people who have criminal convictions and are inadmissible to the United States.
  •  You have to demonstrate that their denial into the United States would be an extreme hardship to a U.S. citizen or legal resident that is a parent, child, or spouse.
  •  A 212(h) can be done with a Green Card application.
  •  If you have never been in removal proceedings, have a criminal conviction, and are eligible for a Green Card, you can apply for a green card with a 212(h) waiver. If the 212(h) waiver is denied by immigration, you could be placed into removal proceedings.
  •  A 212(h) waiver will waive your ground of inadmissibility for criminal activity, if it can.
  • You rarely can waive drugs under a 212(h) waiver. If you do not have a Green Card and you have been convicted of a drug offense, other than 30 grams of marijuana, you will never be eligible for a Green Card based on family or employment.