What kind of relief am I eligible for if the crime makes me deportable?

  •  If you have a Green Card and have been convicted of an aggravated felony after 1996, there is little you can do to stay in the United States to fight for the Green Card aside from making some type of asylum claim.
  •  Under certain circumstances, if you have an aggravated felony with your Green Card obtained in the United States and you have a way to obtain your Green Card again through marriage to a citizen, or have a child who’s over 21, you will be eligible for a Green Card again with a waiver.
  •  In order to be eligible for cancellation of removal, you must have had a Green Card for five years, have been in the United States seven years prior to the commission of your crime that makes you inadmissible, and cannot have been convicted of an aggravated felony.