Can I wait out the 3-year Bar and then reapply for tourist visa?

  •  You can wait outside the United States for three years and apply for a tourist visa when you want to come back.
  • The consulate office must agree to give you a visitor’s visa.
  • Demonstrate to the consulate office that you have every intention of going back home after your visit in order to convince the officer that you will not violate your status again.