What should I do if my spouse entered the US illegally and I am a US citizen?

  • If your spouse entered the United States illegally, there is no way for them to adjust their status in this country.
  • They would apply for a waiver here in the United States before they left, hopefully have it approved, and then apply for their visa at the U.S. Consulate abroad.