If you are interested in a work authorization permit, continue reading and reach out to our skilled I-765 work authorization lawyer in New York City today. Our legal team is prepared to help you through this process and beyond. Give us a call today.

What is a work authorization permit?

A work permit, also known as employment authorization, is a document administered by The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that provides the holder a legal privilege to work in the United States. It is important to recognize that this is different than a green card. Specific non-residents who are temporarily in the United States can file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization. Employment authorization is given for a distinct period of time. Foreign nationals with employment authorization can legally work in the United States for any employer. Through another program, aliens who are sponsored by specific United States employers and given temporary work visas are permitted to work for that sponsoring employer.

Because it may take a lot of time to receive an answer to an I-765 petition, an interim authorization can be given. An interim authorization can be issued to an eligible applicant when USCIS has not adjudicated an application within 90 days of receipt of a properly filed application or within 30 days of receipt of a properly filed asylum-related application. An interim authorization can only be granted for 240 days.

If you have questions or concerns about a work authorization permit, do not wait to reach out to our dedicated I-765 work authorization lawyer in New York City today. Our legal team is on your side.

How can I apply for an employment visa?

Those who would like to obtain employment or a job offer can apply for permanent residence or an immigrant visa when they are outside of the country. The U.S. Department of State is an agency that allocates and permits visa numbers. Employment-based visas are limited to 140,000 per year. Furthermore, there are limits to the percentage of visas that can be allotted to each country. Currently, about 234,000 people have applied for employment-based adjustment of status green cards in the United States and are waiting for approval.

If you would like to obtain a visa in employment or would like to learn more about what an employment visa is, you will need an experienced immigration attorney on your side. Reach out to our firm today to learn more about how we can help you. We are just one call away.

Contact Our New York City Immigration Lawyers

Our law firm can explain all the opportunities associated with fiancé visas and help you through the entire procedure, as well as discuss whether this is a good option. For an initial consultation with a skilled immigration lawyer, contact the Law Office of Cheryl R. David in New York.