If you’ve had a green card for 10 years and it needs to be renewed, you can apply via an I-90 form. You can either do that on paper, or on the USCIS.gov website by filling out an application online. The I-90 will be filed simultaneously when you file the application and you’ll get a receipt back immediately. With that receipt, if you need, you can go to immigration and get a stamp on your passport to show that your green card has been extended and that’s good if you need to travel outside of the United States. The application will be processed through USCIS and about six to eight months, I should say, you’ll get your green card in the mail. If you have questions about filing for an I-90 or whether or not you need a lawyer, I’d be happy to discuss your situation with you.

To set up your free initial consultation regarding your Green Card status, click here and contact the law office of Cheryl David. Cheryl David practices immigration law in New York City.