Can I apply for waiver if my US citizen sibling files for me?

  •  The only qualifying relative who is eligible to demonstrate extreme hardship when applying for a waiver is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, parent or spouse.
  •  If your petition is based on a sibling petition and you have no other family in the United States, you are not going to be able to demonstrate extreme hardship.
  • If you have an approved petition from your sibling and you have a U.S. citizen or green card holder parent or spouse, you can apply for a waiver.