If you are interested in coming to the United States and have specific “extraordinary abilities,” or you are an individual who is uniquely suitable for a particular kind of employment, you may be able to achieve employment in the United States via the First Preference EB-1 Visa. Do not wait to reach out to our skilled immigration attorney in NYC to learn more about this process and how our firm can best help you.

How do I demonstrate that I have the extraordinary ability to obtain an EB-1 visa?

In order to obtain an EB-1 visa, you must show that you gained national or international acclaim and that because of this, your achievements were identified in your field of expertise. This evidence can be shown through a one-time achievement or at least 3 of the 10 criteria listed below:

  • Evidence that you are a member of an association in a field that demands the outstanding achievement of its members
  • Evidence that your work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions
  • Evidence that you have performed in a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
  • Proof of lesser recognized prizes or awards for excellence
  • Evidence that you command a high salary or other substantially high remuneration in your field
  • Evidence that you have had commercial success in the performing arts
  • Evidence that there is published material about you in a professional or major trade publication
  • Evidence that you were asked to judge the work of others
  • Evidence that you have authored scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications
  • Evidence that you have made one or more scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to your field of expertise

How can I apply for an EB-1 visa?

  • Multinational Manager or Executive: Your U.S. employer can file USCIS Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. He or she must demonstrate he or she can pay the proposed wage as of the priority date. Your employer may use a federal income tax return, annual report, or audited financial statement to confirm he or she can continue to pay your wage.
  • Extraordinary Ability: If you demonstrate extraordinary ability, you can apply for yourself via filing a Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker.
  • Outstanding Professors and Researchers: Here, your U.S. employer will have to file a Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. Your employer must establish that he or she can continue to pay the offered wage as of the priority date. He or she may use a federal income tax return, an annual report, or an audited financial statement to prove he or she can continue to pay your wage.

Contact Our New York City Immigration Lawyers

Our law firm can explain all the opportunities associated with fiancé visas and help you through the entire procedure, as well as discuss whether this is a good option. For an initial consultation with a skilled immigration lawyer, contact the Law Office of Cheryl R. David in New York.