What are the documents needed for a Consular Process?

  • You will need a valid passport with updated passport photos.
  • If you are applying for a visa based on your marriage, it is a good idea to bring updated evidence that the marriage is still ongoing, that it is a valid marriage, and if you have joint documents or have visited each other over the past year.
  • They are also going to want to see your original documents: your marriage certificate, any divorce decrees, and your birth certificate.
  • If you are going to the Consulate for an immigrant visa, such as applying for your H1B visa or a student visa, you want to bring documents in support of that application and be ready to answer questions about its content.
  • If you are applying for a student visa, you are going to want to show evidence that you have the financial ability to take care of yourself while you are in the United States.