How can I sponsor my spouse, children or parents as a Green Card holder?

  •  You are an immediate relative if you are sponsoring your parent, your spouse, or your child.
  •  They are eligible to change status if they have entered the United States legally and you can demonstrate the means to support your family over the poverty level, even if they have stayed here illegally for numerous years.
  • They would file for an I-130 petition, which is the family-based petition, in addition to an I-45, the application for adjustment of status.