When a family member is detained by Immigration & Customs Enforcement, loved ones likely fear what may happen in such an uncertain situation. If possible, you may want to contact an experienced immigration law attorney to help you find answers and obtain contact with your loved one. Our firm understands how scary this situation can be for many families and the fear of not knowing when you will be able to see or hear from the detained loved one again. If you have a loved one that was detained and may be facing deportation, an attorney may be able to help you:
- Find your loved one and determine whether they have been or might be transferred to another state
- Determine whether your loved one may be able to be released on bail or conditional release from local jail or from an immigration detention facility
- Determine whether the loved one is able to contact you via phone, mail or even schedule a visit to the center where they are detained
- Provide legal advice to the loved one who has been detained and to other family members who are concerned about finding themselves in a similar situation
- Inform your loved one of their legal rights
If you have a family member that was detained, contact our firm today to see what we can do to assist you.
The Law Offices of Cheryl R. David practices immigration law throughout NYC. If you have questions about your particular matters regarding immigration please contact the office to discuss your circumstances and options today.