Employment visas can be extremely beneficial. However, there are many different types, and it is important to determine which one is right for you, your profession, and your unique circumstances. Read on to learn more about L-1 visas and other common employment visas.

What are L-1 Visas?

Foreign individuals who seek temporary employment are generally granted an L-1 visa. This visa is for employees who are looking to fill supervising or managing positions. It is also reserved for individuals who have expert knowledge in certain professions. There are two types of L-1 visas:

  • L-1A: Reserved for supervisor/manager positions. This visa holder is allowed to work in the country for up to 7 years.
  • L-1B: Reserved for those with knowledge that is out of the ordinary in certain professions. This visa holder is allowed to work in the country for up to 5 years.

What other employment visas are available?

There are numerous other employment visas available. Some of the most common options include:

  • H-1B Visas: For professional employees
  • H-2 Visas: For nonimmigrant unskilled workers in temporary or seasonal work
  • B-1 Visas: These allow short-term entry into the United States for meetings, conferences, seminars, and other events
  • TN Visas: Reserved for Mexican or Canadian professionals with sponsors in the U.S. at the time of application
  • F Visas: Visas required to enter the United States to attend a high school, private elementary school, conservatory, seminary, college, or another academic institution
  • M Visas: A student visa used to attend a vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution
  • P Visas: A type of temporary employment vis, granted to noncitizen athletes, artists, entertainers, and their spouses and children.
  • R Visas: Temporary visas granted to religious workers

If you are an individual seeking an employment visa, it is important to speak with an experienced immigration law attorney. An experienced attorney can help you file the necessary paperwork and walk you through all the steps of the process. If you have any questions or concerns, contact our firm as soon as possible. We are here to advocate for you each step of the way.

Contact Our New York City Immigration Lawyers

Our law firm can explain all the opportunities associated with fiancé visas and help you through the entire procedure, as well as discuss whether this is a good option. For an initial consultation with a skilled immigration lawyer, contact the Law Office of Cheryl R. David in New York.