Investor visas give foreigners the ability to work and live in the United States. If you would like to learn more about this process, it is in your best interest to retain the services of one of our skilled family immigration attorneys in New York City.

What is an Investor Visa?

An investor visa, also known as an E visa, provides foreign residents the right to be self-employed in the U.S. If you obtain an E visa, you can become a U.S. citizen for up to 5 years. Furthermore, you can continue your visa every 5 years as long as your business resumes. Luckily, with this visa, your spouse and children are permitted to remain and work in the United States. There are two main types of E visas available. Continue reading to learn more.

How Can I Obtain an E-1 Visa?

There are several requirements that must be met in order to receive an E-1 visa. To get an E-1 visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must conduct at least 50% of the international trade with the U.S. and the treaty country
  • The income you receive from the trade should support you and your family
  • You must prove that there is an exchange between the US and your treaty country
  • It must be an international trade involving goods, services, and money
  • The owner must be a foreign national and own at least 50% of the company, though employees may hold a managerial position that is essential to the business’s success
  • Your trade must already exist between a ratified trade treaty country and the United States

How Can I Obtain an E-2 Visa?

In order to receive an E-2 visa, you must satisfy the following requirements:

  • Have invested be actively investing in a U.S. enterprise
  • Have an investment of capital with the expectation of making a profit
  • Have possession and full control of the investment
  • Have an investment irrevocably committed to the U.S. enterprise
  • Have unsecured personal business capital OR capital secured by personal assets
  • In order to determine which visa is right for you, be sure to contact a knowledgeable U.S. immigration attorney.

Do not wait to reach out to our firm today if you have any questions about the investor visa program. Our family immigration attorneys in New York City are equipped with the knowledge and experience required to ensure that you have the resources you need to acquire a visa.

Contact Our New York City Immigration Lawyers

Our law firm can explain all the opportunities associated with fiancé visas and help you through the entire procedure, as well as discuss whether this is a good option. For an initial consultation with a skilled immigration lawyer, contact the Law Office of Cheryl R. David in New York.