Our firm understands the importance of obtaining a Green Card. That is why we take the renewal process very seriously, and we help our clients navigate through each step of the process. Contact our firm today and reach out to our experienced New York immigration attorneys to begin.

How do I get my Green Card renewed in New York?

The first step in the Green Card renewal process is to fill out Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. This document can be filed either online or on paper and submitted through the mail. But, if you are a person that still has a former version of the alien registration card, you must replace it with a current Green Card as soon as you can. You will also want an experienced New York immigration attorney on your side throughout this process. Our legal team is dedicated to walking you through this process and ensuring you are comfortable each step of the way. Contact us today.

Am I allowed to renew my Green Card even though I am not in the United States?

While it is possible for a Green Card to be renewed if you are outside of the United States, it is important to understand the specific process of being able to do so. If your Card is supposed to expire within six months, and you are going to return one year from the date of your departure from the United States, you will have to file for your renewal card upon your return. If you have not applied for the renewal before you left the United States, you must promptly visit a United States Consulate, USCIS office, or a United States port of entry before you can file your Form I-90 for renewal.

What happens if my Green Card renewal application gets denied?

In the unfortunate situation that your application gets denied, you are not permitted to appeal the judgment. However, you can likely file a motion to review with the office that determined you are unfit for renewal. In order to do this successfully, you will need a dedicated New York immigration attorney on your side. With the help of an attorney, you can more easily obtain, collect, and present all the proof required to prove that the decision to deny your application was based on an incorrect application of the law or you can confirm that the office made an incorrect decision on the basis of evidence in the file at the time the decision was reached.

Contact Our New York City Immigration Lawyers

Our law firm can explain all the opportunities associated with fiancé visas and help you through the entire procedure, as well as discuss whether this is a good option. For an initial consultation with a skilled immigration lawyer, contact the Law Office of Cheryl R. David in New York.