Australian nationals have their own classification for employment when it comes to applying to come to the United States on a temporary basis. An E-3 classification is for certain specialty occupations. There are a number of criteria that you must meet in order to be eligible for an E-3 visa in the United States.

First, you must be a national of Australia. That’s a relatively yes or no answer and there isn’t much room for “maybe” here. You must also be able to prove that you have already received an offer for employment within the United States at the time in which you apply for this visa. In addition, it is important that you qualify academically. These qualifications include that you have either a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent of a bachelor’s degree. In addition, you will need to prove that the job you have been offered requires you to practically apply the knowledge you have obtained through your degree.

There are also a number of different documents that are necessary when you submit your application. You will have to include the standard Labor Condition Application, academic credentials that prove you have obtained the necessary degree, a letter that states you have actually received a legitimate job offer and that you will be compensated for it, and in some instances, your requirements to have a license to perform the job.

If granted this visa, you will be permitted to stay for an initial period of 2 years. You will be permitted to extend your visa for up to 2 years and can do so as many times as necessary.

If you have questions about obtaining an E-3 visa, contact us today.

The Law Offices of Cheryl R. David practices immigration law throughout NYC. If you have questions about your particular matters regarding immigration please contact the office to discuss your circumstances and options.