The application to file for citizenship or naturalization is done on a form N400. It’s the application that you’re going to fill out when you want to apply for your citizenship. It’s about a 21-page document that requires all your biographical information; your evidence of work history, employment history, and residence in the United States, as well as your trips outside of the country over the last five years. The application is going to be used to demonstrate your eligibility for your citizenship. If you have questions about how to fill out that form or whether or not you need a lawyer, please contact my office and we’d be happy to discuss with you your situation.

Cheryl David is an experienced immigration attorney in the New York City area. Contact her for a free initial evaluation regarding any questions you may have about immigration procedures and policies.