I got my green card through prior marriage and then got divorced, can i sponsor my new husband?

  •  If you got your Green Card through a prior marriage within the last five years, I do not recommend you apply for a Green Card based on a new marriage.
  • The process will be much faster once you become a United States citizen. You can avoid having to demonstrate the previous marriage was real.
  •  If you received your Green Card through a prior marriage, you cannot apply for a Green Card based on a new marriage unless you can demonstrate that the previous relationship was real.