How does my fiance obtain permanent resident status?

  • Once your fiancé has obtained their immigrant visa to come to the United States, their fiancé visa, you need to be married within 90 days of their entry.
  •  Once you are married, you will have to file for an I-45 along with the financial and medical documentation.
  •  Immigration will request an interview to make sure you are still in the relationship and that they are admissible to the United States.