New York City Lawyers for U.S. Citizenship and for N 400 Application for Citizenship.
At the Law Office of Cheryl R. David, our New York City attorneys advise permanent residents interested in United States citizenship about the naturalization process and help applicants for citizenship overcome any obstacles that might come up along the way.
Our Goal Is to Help You Find the Smoothest Path to U.S. Citizenship
Our services in any given situation might include:
- Examining whether any criminal convictions will prevent you from citizenship or put you at risk of removal proceedings when applying for citizenship
- Getting a waiver of the citizenship test or language requirements for people over 55 or who have lived in the U.S. for more than 20 years
- Making sure that divorce or employment problems won’t threaten the interests of permanent residents whose original visas were based on marriage or work
- Considering the effect of extended travel abroad during the U.S. residence period
- Resolving tax problems prior to the application for citizenship
- Identifying grounds for claiming derivative citizenship or acquired citizenship based on family circumstances
We review all citizenship applications carefully with our clients, and we sometimes discover that immigrants are already U.S. citizens. In most cases, however, our job is to make sure that we can document your eligibility for citizenship while addressing any problems that might interfere with the naturalization process.
Contact Our NYC Attorneys for Immigration and Naturalization
For a lawyer’s advice about becoming a U.S. citizen, or for help investigating the facts supporting your claim to citizenship, contact us online.